- A person seeking Ordinary Membership of AuPS would normally
be expected to hold a recognised higher degree in a discipline
related to the professional interests of the Society and to have
a documented achievement in research and/or a significant record
of tertiary teaching in their discipline. It would normally be
expected that the person would already have participated in meetings
of the Society.
- At present the annual membership subscription is AUD$100 for
members resident in Australia and AUD$60 for members permanently
or temporarily (at least one year) overseas.
Financial members who retire may retain their
membership without further subscription payments if they
advise the Society of their retirement.
- A person undertaking an honours or post-graduate degree in
a relevant discipline
is eligible for student membership.
- At present a single subscription of AUD$100 is payable, which
provides membership for up to four years (five years for an
- There are substantial benefits in Student Membership which
include eligibility for Student Prizes and Travel Grants. and
substantial reductions in the fees for attending one of the
Society's scientific meetings.
- Student Members also receive all Society notices, Newsletters,
Papers and Proceedings, but are not voting members of the Society.
List of members
Members have access to a
of members on this web site.
Application for membership
Application for membership can be made through our
on-line application system.
Alternatively forms for application for ordinary or for student membership may
be obtained from the National Secretary,
Dr Deanne Hryciw
or downloaded from here. Note: If the response time
is important, please use the on-line application system.